Oxcia AB is pioneering novel DNA Damage Response (DDR) and oxidative stress target drug development, researching solutions for patients suffering from diseases caused by cancer and inflammation. The company’s product portfolio consists of two drug candidates, of which one is in the field of oncology/hematology and the other in the field of inflammation related diseases. The projects originate from Professor Thomas Helleday laboratory at Karolinska Institute (Scilifelab), a translational research laboratory performing state-of-the art science.
OXC-101 is presently in two on-going clinical trials in advanced solid malignancies and advanced blood cancer. This drug candidate has a unique mechanism of action and first-in-class potential. OXC-201 is a novel way of treating inflammation- and fibrotic related disease, such as Idiopathic Lung Fibrosis, and is in lead optimization/pre-clinical phase.
The company is based in Stockholm, Sweden. More information can be found on homepage: www.oxcia.com
Oxcia is now seeking a talented and motivated Scientist with experience in translational medicine/biomarker development and drug discovery to support advancement of Oxcia’s pipeline in oncology and inflammation.
The successful candidate will lead the biomarker efforts and supportive preclinical work for the clinical program to support the leverage of clinical findings towards next generation medicines. The candidate will further lead and be responsible for translational and preclinical efforts in investigating the use of OXC-101 in additional indications. The work includes e.g. identifying and managing collaborations with CROs and academic partners, supervision to design, plan and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement, present results internally and externally and scientific input, and project managing of work around additional use of OXC-101.The ability to effectively communicate across internal multi-disciplinary teams and with external partners is required. Applicants should be outstanding Scientist and collaborative team members, as well as skilled organizers and Scientists.
We offer you an innovative, highly motivated and fun working place. The Oxcia team is using our heads, hands and hearts in everything we do.
You will be part of the development of first-in-class revolutionary novel therapies against cancer and inflammation/fibrotic related diseases as well as building an international pharmaceutical company with Sweden as base. Oxcia offers a great opportunity for personal development.
• Work closely with Clinical Director, CMO, Collaborators and CROs to develop and lead hypotheses that could determine which patients are likely to respond.
• Develop fit-for-purpose biomarker assays to measure responses to oncology and inflammation/fibrotic therapeutics.
• Collect data and ensure precision, accuracy and reproducibility of the data.
• Review, perform and be responsible for critical scientific analysis of research and development data, and develop experimental outcomes and conclusions.
• Systematic and accurate documentation of methods used and data acquired.
• Maintain expertise in the field of relevant biology as it pertains to biomarker discovery and patient outcomes, through keeping abreast of literature, attending relevant meetings, and liaison with external experts in the field.
• Work with contract research organizations and co-ordinate activities and timelines with Clinical team to ensure seamless execution of biomarker capabilities to support clinical trials
• Contribute to reports, regulatory submissions, clinical protocols and presentations, being responsible within the area of expertise.
• Provide scientific and technical support for multidisciplinary project teams.
• Project manage pre-clinical and translational research for OXC-101
- PhD in Pharmacology, Medicine, Biomedical Science or Biology
- Knowledge in drug discovery and development.
- Demonstrated project management within drug discovery/development.
- Advanced knowledge of basic and complex scientific and laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of computer programs including all Microsoft applications, Prism and biostatistics analyses.
- Minimum of 3 years laboratory experience.
- Ability to summarize the experimental outcomes (including writing reports) and plan future experiments.
- Demonstrated success in the integration of preclinical research and clinical drug development is a merit.
- Demonstrated excellence in oncology and/or inflammation/fibrosis research through a track record of high impact publications is a merit.
- Demonstrated scientific experience within the DNA damage response and/or oxidative stress is a merit.
- Experience in biomarker and/or assay development in the pharmaceutical industry and/or academia is a merit.
- Knowledge of GLP, GCP and/or GMP processes is a merit.
The position is located at Oxcia’s office in Stockholm. There is some flexibility regarding the workplace.
Send your application to Ulrika Warpman Berglund, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, contact Ulrika Warpman Berglund on phone number 073-27 09 605.
The last day to apply is 30th of June, but selections and interviews take place on an ongoing basis and we ask you to send in your application as soon as possible with a personal letter and CV. We therefore urge you to apply for the position immediately if you are interested.